Synergy ECP is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business SD(VOSB) that was formed in July 2007 with Headquarters in Columbia, MD and is made up of talented, dedicated staff to provide a broad range of services to the defense, intelligence and health care industries.
In an ultra-competitive environment, Synergy ECP has thrived by adhering to our name, making sure excellence is displayed by our Employees, to our Customers and by Improving Performance (ECP).
It’s what sets us apart, enabling us to be an autonomous yet agile business that delivers huge results - showing we’re ready to meet our customers’ evolving demands.
Synergy ECP has earned a client list that includes numerous Fortune 100 companies, in addition to multiple branches of the US government and military services.
Synergy ECP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Provide system administration and software support for field exploitation systems and lab environments with the client program. Perform Linux system setup and management for both physical and virtual operating systems (OSs), to include provisioning, configuration, patching and update management, platform securing/hardening. Provide manual and automated system management across widely dispersed Linux systems. Provide drastic system scalability (e.g., from 2 systems to 200 systems via virtualization). Administer and configure virtual machines and VM clusters. Communicate with software developers and other team members to gather requirements and implement solutions. Work with developers of existing systems to understand how they want their current systems to be virtualized. Automate system administration functionality (e.g., provide automatic patch installation). Research, evaluate and recommend methods and products for protecting computer data and applications. Develop technical documentation to include system administration architecture documentation and diagrams, configurations, baselines, administrative procedures and instructions. Coordinate with developers to define operational system security requirements, develop System Security Plans and related security documentation and coordinate system security accreditation and authorizations. Perform system administrator functions and provide support for integrating security solutions into multiple systems, to include:
Special Technical Skills
In addition to the minimum required capabilities and qualifications specified in the SOW for the selected labor category, the following special technical skills are also REQUIRED:
- Assist multiple teams with system security related activities
- Identify security weaknesses and propose technical solutions to mitigate them
- Upgrade and enhance system functionality based on customer feedback
- Document system operational functionality, OS setup and configuration, configuration and use of management tools, and SA processes and procedures
- Perform laboratory system testing
- Perform maintenance functions for existing systems within the projects
In addition to the minimum required capabilities and qualifications specified in the SOW for the selected labor category, the following special technical skills are also DESIRED:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience administering Linux/Unix systems
- General understanding and experience working with and configuring Linux disk encryption
- Experience with Linux Volume Manager
- Experience provisioning systems, configurating systems, patching and managing systems, and securing/hardening systems
- Experience working with VMWare
- Experience in developing and implementing system configuration scripts in Perl, Bourne Bash and/or C-Shell
- Experience creating documentation to outline processes and procedures
- Experience with:
- Linux firewall configuration (ip tables)
- NAT and gateway setup
- Remote server management
- Server certificates (environment specific), encryption and secuire protocols
- Scripting languages to include but not limited to Bash, Perl, Python
- Use of management tools
- Building RPMs
- Experience deploying software updates to remote systems
- Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco switches and routers