Synergy ECP is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business SD(VOSB) that was formed in July 2007 with Headquarters in Columbia, MD and is made up of talented, dedicated staff to provide a broad range of services to the defense, intelligence and health care industries.
In an ultra-competitive environment, Synergy ECP has thrived by adhering to our name, making sure excellence is displayed by our Employees, to our Customers and by Improving Performance (ECP).
It’s what sets us apart, enabling us to be an autonomous yet agile business that delivers huge results - showing we’re ready to meet our customers’ evolving demands.
Synergy ECP has earned a client list that includes numerous Fortune 100 companies, in addition to multiple branches of the US government and military services.
Synergy ECP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Other Requirements: U.S. Citizenship
- Assists in identifying overall security requirements for the protection of data, to ensure the implementation of appropriate information security controls.
- Assists in performing and analyzing the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management process, security control assessments, and awareness activities for systems, and networking operations.
- Provides assistance to ensure IA functions are included in the configuration management process.
- Interacts with customers, IT staff, and high-level corporate officers to assist in defining and achieving required IA objectives for the organization.
- Contributes to building security architecture.
- Assists with the integration of legacy systems.
- Contributes to the acquisition/RDT&E environment and building IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Prepares security authorization documentation.
- Ten years or related work experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT Engineering is desired and may be substituted for four years of experience; substitution of work experience is at the discretion of the COR.
- DoD 8570-01-M compliance with Security Authorization Professional or System Security Engineer.
- Previous work experience as one of the following: IT Risk Assessor, System Security Engineer, Information Systems Security Manager, or DAO; substitution for work experience is at the discretion of the COR.
- Working knowledge of the following is required: system security design process, defense-in-depth/breadth, engineering life cycle, information domains, cross-domain solutions, controlled interfaces, identification, authentication and authorization, system integration, ICD 503 (formerly NISCAP), risk management, intrusion detection, contingency planning, incident handling, configuration control, change management, auditing, security authorization process, principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, access control), and security testing.
- IAM, Level II, CISSP (or Associate)