Synergy ECP is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business SD(VOSB) that was formed in July 2007 with Headquarters in Columbia, MD and is made up of talented, dedicated staff to provide a broad range of services to the defense, intelligence and health care industries.
In an ultra-competitive environment, Synergy ECP has thrived by adhering to our name, making sure excellence is displayed by our Employees, to our Customers and by Improving Performance (ECP).
It’s what sets us apart, enabling us to be an autonomous yet agile business that delivers huge results - showing we’re ready to meet our customers’ evolving demands.
Synergy ECP has earned a client list that includes numerous Fortune 100 companies, in addition to multiple branches of the US government and military services.
Synergy ECP is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
Clearance Required: TS/SCI
Other Requirements: U.S. Citizenship
Software Engineer supporting the Application Messaging Framework (AMF), responsible for leading the web-based GUI development team. Designs, develops and tests enterprise software critical to multiple systems across the Customer enterprise. Candidate should demonstrate a strong background developing enterprise-grade Java applications with experience matching the skills outlined below. Experience with JMS is a plus.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
• TS/SCI clearance
• Bachelor's degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
• 8 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 12 years.
• At least three years of experience in the SIGINT, IA and IT domains
• 5+ years of experience developing enterprise-grade Java applications
• Strong leadership skills and mentoring ability
• Knowledge of the Spring Framework and Dependency Injection
• Experience with data binding and object serialization using XML, JSON, or Avro
• Experience developing RESTful web services
• Ability to debug and resolve application errors and performance bottlenecks in a timely and effective manner
• Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to peers and management
• Experience managing software deployments to Java servlet containers such as Jetty
• Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining software in an Enterprise Linux environment
• Experience developing software with Git, Maven and Gradle
• Experience with Grafana or similar data visualization, analytics, and monitoring tools
• Knowledge of graph DBs, the Tinkerpop Graph API, or SigmaJS
• Experience writing and maintaining web-based ExtJS applications
• Experience writing software using message-oriented middleware such as JMS, AMQP, STOMP, or MQTT
• Experience with Hibernate, JPA, and SQL
• Understanding of Usability Engineering principles and best practices for user interface design
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field